Christening toast speech topics and tips to write for a baptism event and illustated with nice gifts. Whether it is your child being baptized or you are simply very close to the parents and have been asked to say a few words, you will find it a very high honor.
And sure you want to show that to all attendees in your words and phrases. But first read these guidelines for speakers in church or other place where the family and friends are gathered:
Q. What should I keep in mind for writing a christening toast?
A. When you are speech writing, remember this:
|TIP # 1: LENGTH
It does not have to be long, and that ideally, it should be memorized. It takes a lot less time to memorize a one or two minute toast than you might think.
And for the most part, the shorter a speech, the better it is received by the listeners.
TIP # 2: SLOW DOWN
TIP # 3: EYE CONTACT
Eye contact is the best way to speak to your audience. The christening speech you give should be not terribly far removed from the way that you talk.
TIP # 4: CASUAL
Keep it casual, not to use words that you will trip over, and concentrate on your genuine emotions.
TIP # 5: THE GIFT
Talk about the gift you want to give. They will trigger your memory and imagination. Take a gift and use it as the start of a story line. The speech topics will flow immediately – see below!
Q. What are great gifts at a christening toast?
A. There are plenty of great gifts out there when you are considering getting something for the child in question.
1. A first Bible is a great gift.
2. You may also want to think about getting a silver picture frame, complete with a family picture.
3. Or you may wish to think about jewelery that would be appropriate for the baby at a later age.
4. Personalized silver cups are another great gift item, engraved with a saying, wish, name, occasion, cross or date.
|SPEECH IDEA TOPICS
1. Welcome the infant as a new member of church community.
2. Read a Bible quotation related to the religious baptizing.
3. Tell in your christening toast what the newborn means to you. Ask others to tell the same in one sentence. That’s called real interaction!
4. If you choose for an adjustable pearl bracelet, you can speak about hopes you have for the life to come.
5. If you choose for generation jewelry featuring your loved ones’ birthstones, than mark the day and ritual by exposing the crystals and whom they stand for.
6. Show the cup and tell what you want to say with it.
7. Read out loud wishes or sayings. And explain the relation with this day and baby.