Entertaining speech topic secrets: 12 ways to develop and 5 tips about delivering pokerfaced massages with a fun twist. The easiest way to start your speechwriting process is determining the audience and public speaking occasion. Who are your listeners, what is expected of you? These are the main questions – I have put them in a handy brick box format – bricks to build a solid wall:
See if there’s a common ground – work, community, geographically, habits, past experiences or any other similarities with your public. Mix those similarities and common understatements, adapt them in a nice way:
How To Develop An Entertaining Speech Topic
There are many ways to write and develop a topic for a speech to entertain. And there are lots of fails to report.
My main objective is to make you aware if the fact that you do not pretend to by the nice and humorous girl or guy. Nope, better is to set up a flat face and deliver the lines dry with an English stiff upperlip – that is why I used the word pokerfaced … A trick I have learned from my masters …
Use this speechwriting checklist for every issue of your choice.
It is possible to bring a serious message with funny proven techniques listed below. Like these examples of serious / funny entertaining speech topic chapter. And stay to that theme. My main advice is: just talk on a specific theme.
1. Consider your entertainment topic from different points of view.
2. Choose for an unusual or strange angle of approach.
3. Wonder what the reason is for some habits or daily grind.
4. Give a normal issue, subject or topic a personal, dramatic twist.
5. List xx ways to …
6. Perform dialogues and metaphores.
7. Tell a story about a personal experience, interrelate the humorous anecdote in the main theme.
8. Give mocking comments on perfectly ordinary things, persons, places, values or thoughts.
9. Ridiculize large organizations or institutions. But do not offend.
10. Laugh at and ridiculize professional jargon or dialogues.
11. Find similarities between opposing subjects. That can be a very humorous and entertaining for your audience.
12. Ask: What If and press the possibilities till it becomes ridiculous, funny and amusing.
How To Deliver
My five additional rousing tips for further development are:
1. Organize and structure your diverting text in a way your presentation will flow just right; try to work to some sort of a climax.
2. Establish your speechwriting goal or purpose. That’s no problem if you talk about one theme.
3. If you tell funny or humorous things about some individuals in your public: don’t insult and be sensitive.
4. Try to deliver your public speaking speech topics extemporaneously as much as you can. So practice a lot. Ask a friend if it is witty enough.
5. And practice on the timing the smooth flow of your entertaining speech topic: