|Groom speech guide with recommendations and speech topics to thank your newly married wife, both families, all helpers and the other guests at a wedding. The bridegroom usually is the second speaker and replies to the father of the spouse. Here are twenty fit-all-events themes.
Answer the questions, write down your ideas and in the end you will have a blueprint. Of course make a few adjustments if you like.
|The main goals of this kind of public speaking at a wedding are to:
* Thank and compliment your bride.
* Thank her father.
* Thank all the people who have helped to organize the wedding:
* the best man
* Give presents.
* Thank the guest for their gifts.
You have to thank many people, so keep it short and light-hearted! Remember: the groom speaks also for his wife!
OPENING AND WELCOME
1. Start with a joke or a funny oneliner about marriage, life, the wedding party itself or anything else that grabs the attention.
2. If no one has spoken before, then welcome the guests, the best man, and the other people who play a special role. Thank all who are present for their gifts, cards, wishes and thoughts.
3. Tell about a funny incident while this wedding ceremony was prepared.
THANK YOUR WIFE
4. Tell how you met her. Tell how you and she fell in love with eachother. What were your first impressions – and hers? Who made the first move?
5. Tell about the common activities, sports, hobbies.
6. Conclude this part of your groom speech by thanking your wife. Praise her beauty, how beautiful she looks. Tell what she means to you and how happy and lucky you are to share the future with her.
7. Give your wife a red rose.
8. End this romancing and loving part with a toast to her.
THANK THE PARENTS
9. Thank the father of the bride for his nice words, best wishes and toast proposal. And, if appropriate, thank him in your groom speech for the party.
10. Thank her mother. Pay special attention in your phrasing to her help; perhaps she has made your wifeвЂ™s wedding dress.
11. Give a gift to the mother and father of her. A small present or flowers will do.
THANK YOUR OWN FAMILY
12. Thank your own mother and father for everything till now in life. Mention a brief memory вЂ“ how they support you, what they have learned you, etc.
13. Thank your other familymembers. Describe the warm heartedness of the family ties.
14. Give your parents a gift.
THANK YOUR BEST MAN
15. Thank your best man in your groom speech. Introduce your best man briefly, as there certainly are guests who never heard of him. Possible ways: tell how long you know eachother, why he is special, how you have met, tell a funny anecdote about the two of you.
16. Give your best man a gift.
THANK ALL OTHER HELPERS
17. Thank all helpers at this wedding day. Name all and tell what they did. Flowers, rings, car, dresses and suits, catering, performers, photographing, hosts, wedding cake, etc. One sentence in a groom speech for each of them will do.
THANK THE BRIDESMAIDS AND PAGEBOYS
18. Thank the maids of honor / bridesmaids and pageboys. Name all, tell how beautiful they look. Tell them how they did a great job today. List and praise their efforts. If the pageboys and girls are very young, thank their parents for lending 🙂
19. Give a gift to them and toast to them.
20. Close with a suitable, famous quote, poem or joke. Relate it to you and your wife. In case you canвЂ™t find a quotation or oneliner that fits, try to formulate your thoughts and feelings in one short memorable sentence ending your groom speech.