|17 Maid of honor speech tips in a sample template plus the speaking do’s and don’ts in a matrimonial ceremony based on their complimentary life styles. You are invited and do not know what to say?
Use my template for outlining thoughts, ideas and facts about the bridal couple. I will show you what you should mention and what the text should focus on. If you are not an experienced talker: relax, you do not have to say much, less is more is often said and well put!
If you have to talk at the ceremony then be short and do not try to be too much comic. A few lines in a church should be appropriate in relation to the religious ambiance.
But always: public speeches should be from the heart! Be enthusiastic and sincere, but do not exaggerate.
STEP 1: COLLECTING IDEAS
Start early with collecting thoughts, ideas and facts about the couple. Make simple notes at least a few weeks before the wedding day.
The preparation of your maid of honor speech is – and perhaps that sounds a little bit strange – quite simple. Making an inventory of possible ingredients is half the job!
STEP 2: SELECTING
Proceed now in this how to write a maid of honor speech tutorial. Sort your ‘candidate’ parts and notes by relevance in the next step.
STEP 3: OUTLINING
Use the sample public speaking topics in the template below.
Now lets see what you could use. Here’s how to use this easy method to organize your first rough selection before you start the actually writing process:
Maid Of Honor Speech Template
1. Tell who you are for the ones who don’t know.
2. Thank your friend for asking you to be in this wedding.
3. How long have you known the bride and groom?
4. Why were you selected to accept the honor giving the oral?
5. Why did you accept the invitation?
6. How did the two of them met?
7. What did you think when you saw their friendship became more serious? Reflect on their complimentary life styles. Approach this from the female side. Be tasteful. The best man is at the grooms’ side … so his job is to cover that part, not you 🙂
8. Can you come up with a funny story that illustrates the personality of the wedding couple? Think about characterizing sweet, inspiring, exciting or just average daily events or moments.
9. Can you come up with a hilarious anecdote based on a real life situation?
10. Conclude this part of this special wedding address with letting them know that’s why you were so happy when they announced their wedding. As I said before: keep it short.
Stick to one funny story. Ask others if they really like it, if it’s funny enough to share.
11. Stress the importance of the matrimonial ceremony. Give your personal view.
12. Use a famous quote about marriage, love or the future.
13. Relate a short poem to the couple. Quotes and poems are a good starting point for inspiration.
IN THE END
14. Wish the bride and groom a long and happy life.
15. Express your love and best wishes for the future.
16. If they have had hard times, then mention it briefly in one poetic sentence. Not more. Focus on this happy day!
17. You can thank and toast to the bride and groom on behalf of the bride, but only if she asked you to do so:
|Do’s And Don’ts
I wish you a great wedding day, and good luck with writing and delivering it in front of many happy smiling people 🙂