Mother of the bride speech template with ideas for a wedding toast.
1. Start with a personal reflection about the bride and groom relate it to your relationship to them. E.g. What happened last month that is characteristic for your friendship?
2. Why did you say ‘yes’ when they ask you to give a mother of the bride speech?
3. What was the bride like before she met her groom? How was she as a little girl? Tell about the good moments you shared with your daughter. Funny anecdotes are very welcome in this paragraph of your public address.
4. How has she changed (is she changed anyway) knowing her new husband?
5. What impact does he have on her – give samples of daily life:
6. How do they interact with each other; a moment of heartfelt insight.
7. How did you see them change through their relationship?
8. Tell the audience – imagine them; all those people who are nicely wearing their best wedding dress apparel and tuxedos – how your daughter told you, her mother, the first time about the groom. This is a great succes in every mother of the bride speech.
9. How did they met? In a restaurant, bar, on the street, at work, in school? A story all wedding guests always want to hear …
10. What did other family relatives – for example her father, sisters and brothers or grandparents – say about their match? Avoid difficulties and be diplomatic and apply tact in case of controversies of course …
11. If there was an engagement party, list some highlights. Remember the nice words and hold back beautiful moments a lot of the party guests have shared during the engagement ceremony.
12. Mention some fine recognizable qualities about the two. Offer funny anecdotes to help the wedding guests get insight into your daughter and son in law. In other words: tease a bit in a happy way.
Look if the audience response really is what you expect of your qualifications of the couple. But always keep a polite way of speaking. Avoid uneasiness situations for the groom in front of everbody.
13. Mother of the bride toasts often contain lines on marriage in general, which are based on the importance of relationships in life and all the romantic and most beautiful things it can bring. Tell what you think and have learned.
Share some wise sayings or teachings you think are appropriate for now. You can ask your friends if they have something you could use, otherwise look it up on the local wedding dress shop.
Yes, there happen to be also books and magazines with inspiration for talks is my experience …
14. Make compliments to the hosts and organizers of the church ceremony, in town hall and the wedding dinner party.
15. Be creative and traditional at the same time. Original formulated wishes and blessings expressed in a warm wedding toast are a happy way to finish a mother of the bride speech and everybody in the party room will be happy that it is not the umpteenth boring monologue they have to hear politely while thinking: when are we allowed to have a drink? 🙂
Heartfelt remarks about the events on this wonderful day can be a perfect hub to the climax of your ten to fifteen sentences: warm them up for your mother of the bride toast. Say: Lets toast on our beloved bridal couple!
|Mother of The Bride Speech As Part Of The Ceremony|